At the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, volunteers play with children, help to build and maintain exhibits, explore art with families, help in the office, and offer their time and skills in many other ways! Most importantly, no matter where you volunteer at the Museum, you make a difference in the lives of children!
Who Should Apply?
- Friendly, energetic and dependable people
- People dedicated to the mission of the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Ages 14 years old, to 104 years young!
- People who love to play!
- Adult Volunteers – Whether you prefer to assist with field trip visits, help research ideas, read stories, paint exhibits, or sew costumes, we have opportunities for you!
- Corporate/Group Volunteers – Many corporations and organizations partner with the Museum by their employees volunteering individually or as members of a group volunteer team. These groups usually choose a day when a large number of volunteers are needed. This might be when an exhibit is being moved in or out or, perhaps, in preparation for a special event.
- Youth Volunteers – Our Youth Volunteers range in age from 14 to 18. Youth Volunteers usually spend their time interacting directly with Museum visitors.
- Interns – Interns at the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum hold a variety of positions and provide valuable support throughout the entire organization. Intern applicants typically have completed 2-3 years at a university or college. Internships usually are between 120 hours to 300 hours during a semester.
How to Apply!
Volunteer Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Download Volunteer Application or pick one up at the Museum. If you are under the age of 18, a signed Parental Permission Form must also be completed prior to volunteering.
Return your completed Application and signed Parental Permission Form to:
Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
22 Sheldon NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Fax (616) 235-4728
You may also bring your Application and signed Parental Permission form with you on your first scheduled volunteer visit.
- If you forget to bring these forms with you, you will NOT be allowed to volunteer.
- It will take one week for GRCM to complete the volunteer screening process. Please contact the Museum after that time to schedule your first volunteer visit.